Office Manager /Bookkeeper
This position is responsible for managing all in-office bookkeeping, managing the physical office and needs, and for tenant management. We need a mature and self managed individual who can handle lots of detail and responsibilities. While this position does not manage other employees, you will need to be an effective communicator to interact with vendors and tenants. You must have bookkeeping or accounting experience and be familiar with quick-books.
- This is a permanent and full time position with a compensation range of $48-65k annually, depending on your experience.
- Typical schedule is 8:30-5:30, Monday through Friday
- BOOKEEPING: Accounts Payable & Receivable; Payroll; Reconcile & monitor multiple Bank & Credit Card Statements; Bank Deposits; Prepare Journal Entries; Develop and maintain Chart of Accounts; Manage cash flow; Maintain collection and tracking of Promissory Notes; Maintain and control all Property Insurance; Responsible for all property utility hook-ups, disconnects and payments; Responsible for coordinating and monitoring funding for all property transactions; Prepare financial reports and statistics as needed for management; Define and maintain bookkeeping policies, procedures, and controls.
- RENTAL PROPERTY & TENANT MANAGEMENT: Tenant screening and contract new leases for vacant and new properties, to include: Coordination with our agent for listing of new properties; Screening applicants; Contracting and reviewing leases with new tenants. Responsible for monitoring and coordinating all tenant relationships, to include: Rent collections; Monitor emergency calls and schedule repair requests; Termination of leases.
- ADMINISTRATIVE: Miscellaneous duties include: General office management, organization and supplies; Mail; Employee files; Company functions.
- Proficiency in Quick Books, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Bookkeeping or Accounting experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in person and on the telephone
- Driven to develop standards and procedures, analyzing information, and dealing with complexity
- Detail oriented; Strong organizational skills; time-management and problem-solving skills
- Dependable and able to work steady with minimal supervision
- English fluency (Spanish is a plus)
Summary: If you are an ideal candidate for this position, you will be highly detailed and can perform most duties without supervision. You are self-motivated, enjoy working alone, but also like working with a team and appreciate a professional but fun team culture. You are unique in that you can handle a lot of detailed work; however, you can also switch to working with lease applicants, tenants, and vendors. You are not just looking for J.O.B., but a family-company atmosphere. You are the kind of person that we like to reward because you work hard and have an attitude of “ownership” for your role in the company.
Steps To Apply…
- Read about who American Home Buyer is (here on this site).
- Download and complete the Career History Form below. (PDF)
- Email the Career History Form, your Resume, and a brief email explaining why you think you will be a fit at American Home Buyer. Email all to: email@example.com, attn: Scott Baker
- If we believe you are a good candidate, we will contact you by email to continue to the next step.
Thank you for your Interest in American Home Buyer!
General inquiries can be submitted on the form below.