This position is primarily responsible for managing all in-office bookkeeping for our principle business and a few smaller holding companies. Further, this role includes some office coordination duties, assisting in screening applicants, and entering closing and loan documents.
We need a mature and self managed individual who can accurately handle lots of details and responsibilities. While this position does not manage other employees, you will have some interaction with vendors and clients. You must have at least 5 years bookkeeping or accounting experience and be familiar with QuickBooks.
- This is a permanent and full time position with a salary and bonus package totaling $48-60k annually, depending on your experience.
- The schedule is flexible, either 7:30-4:30 or 8:30-5:30, Monday through Friday, all in-office.
- Manage all Accounts Payable & Receivable, Journal Entries, Chart of Accounts and Payroll
- Reconcile & monitor Bank & Credit Card Statements
- Manage Bank deposits, check writing, and cash flow
- Coordinate and monitor funding for all property transactions
- Prepare financial reports as needed for management
- Maintain collection and tracking of Promissory Notes and Loans
- Maintain and control all Property Insurance, Utility connects & disconnects
- Manage rent collections, late fees, security deposits
- Manage HOA contacts, payments, and compliance
- Define, audit and maintain Bookkeeping procedures and controls.
OFFICE COORDINATION & ADMINISTRATIVE:
- Manage office supplies, utilities, alarms and mail
- Coordinate office cleaning and weekly lunches
- Assist with answering office admin calls
- Assist with screening applicants: employment, tenant and loans
- Entering closing and loan documents
- Assist with other general admin duties
- 5 years Bookkeeping or Accounting experience
- Proficiency in Quick Books, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook (or equivalent)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in person and on the telephone
- Driven to develop standards, audits and procedures
- Detail oriented; Strong organizational skills; time-management and problem-solving skills
- Dependable and able to work steady with minimal supervision
- English fluency
What We Provide
- Opportunity to grow with a fast growing company
- Contribution to our community through the service we provide and charity events
- Support from CFO and CPA
- Paid holidays and Personal Time Off (after 90 days). (401k coming by years end)
- Great culture: Family oriented, fun and God honoring!
Summary: You are an ideal candidate for this position, if you are highly detailed and can perform most duties without supervision. You thrive on controlling and auditing systems for your work that ensure HIGH ACCURACY. You are self-motivated, enjoy working alone, but also like working with a team and appreciate a professional but fun team culture. You are not just looking for J.O.B., but a family-company atmosphere. You are the kind of person that we like to reward because you work hard and have an attitude of “ownership” for your role in the company.
Steps To Apply…
- Read about who American Home Buyer is (here on this site).
- Click the button below. You will be directed to our Career History Form (CHF), which is the first step in our application process. You will need to complete this form and attach your resume.
- After you complete the CHF, you will be given a link to take a Behavioral Assessment.
- If we believe you are a good candidate, we will contact you by email to continue to the next step.